With the economy tanking and joblessness rising, you'd think the Obama administration would put their creative powers into jumpstarting the economy or at least figuring out how to stop choking it. Instead the President's team is pouring their energy and our resources into redecorating the nation in rainbow colors. Considering misplaced priorities of this White House, every month feels like "gay pride month." But this year, President Obama is taking its social activism to new heights--as in, above the Federal Reserve. Apparently, the administration's proclamation in support of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender pride triggered a series of parties and other events at taxpayer expense. America's central bank interpreted the President's declaration as an excuse to fly the rainbow flag above its building in Richmond, Virginia. On the same pole as Old Glory, the Feds are celebrating a behavior that Delegate Bob Marshall (R-Va.) says is "still a class six felony in Virginia."
As Richmond's paper points out, the flag isn't the only thing that's been raised--so have objections. But despite the flood of complaints, bank managers refuse to bend. A spokesman for the bank said, "The flag is an example of our bank's commitment to diversity." The colors were reportedly flown at the request of an LGBT employee. I guess we'll see how supportive of diversity the bank really is when Christian Heritage Week rolls around next March in Virginia. Can we expect to see the Christian flag flying at the Fed? Here in D.C., the Obama administration isn't just pledging its allegiance to the rainbow flag, it's pledging countless taxpayer dollars too. This is just a snapshot of the indoctrination taking place in the halls of power.
- Earlier this month, the White House unveiled the first-ever webpage, www.whitehouse.gov/lgbt, devoted exclusively to the LGBT community. Complete with federally-funded videos, a special blog, and political resources, it's one-stop pandering for liberals.
- In partnership with Dan Savage (a bitter homosexual, who built a career on vile hatred toward Christians), President Obama, the First Lady, Vice President, and dozens of White House staffers also posted "It Gets Better" videos on the new site, which should give Americans a glimpse of just how many homosexual activists are entrenched on the Obama team. The campaign, which has been labeled an anti-bullying initiative, is actually a cultural assault on free speech.
- Yesterday, Health and Human Services (HHS), which should know the risks of homosexual behavior better than anyone, announced a "Cultural Competency Training" (read: indoctrination) about the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender "identity" for federal workers.
- Also in HHS, David Hansell, who runs the Administration for Children and Families, admitted at Tuesday's Youth Summit that the Obama administration is now actively "recruiting LGBT parents" to adopt children. (CNSNews.com uncovered the speech, which was so secretive that the Department of Education barred reporters from attending.)
- In spite of the Defense of Marriage Act, HHS is ordering state Medicaid agencies to give homosexual partners the same financial protections and privileges as married couples. This "flexibility" applies to everything from estate assets to nursing home care.
- In partnership with the Department of Education, HHS has decided to host a gay film festival for federal workers during regular office hours. (This is in addition to the Bulgarian gay film festival hosted by the Department of State.)
- Obama's congressional allies are also getting in on the act, introducing a measure that would make same-sex partner benefits tax free (link requires subscription) in health plans. The plan was cosponsored by "Republican" Sen. Susan Collins (Maine).